Eleven days ago, I started on this new project. Rather than stop to take photos as I went, I put my head down and “did the work.” I got into a rhythm and simply couldn’t stop!
Here’s what I came up with:
Here’s what the piece looks like upside down:
I like the way the piece turned out, though I had my share of mishaps. Half of the pieces should have been cut in reverse; I needed both left- and right-handed versions of the pieces. Since I used foundation piecing, I was able to get around the problem with a bit of splicing, adding a little scrap to the body piece.
I primarily used patterned ties, though there are a couple of striped ties included (they fit the color scheme). I think I’ll have to cut striped ties differently to maintain the direction of the stripe. “Matching” the stripe is a horse of a different color, though!!