Earlier this week, I started my series of appliqué blocks. I’ve made some changes.
I changed the download file, Block A, to include small tiles of the block, a colored version of the block to show how the shapes overlap each other, and a sample pattern.
I changed the alignment guide. I added a layer of cardboard from a cereal box between the printed block and the sandpaper. I trimmed away all but the seam allowance.
I cut a window out of the block proper and taped the second alignment guide in position on my squaring ruler.
I use the marked lines to align the shapes within the block before I trim it.
Windows within windows within windows . . .
I also came across a stash of fabric with fusible adhesive attached; leftovers from previous projects. I sorted them by color and decided on a more methodical approach in my color selection, rather than random.
There’s more to come . . .