I was struck by one of the designs in my last post, and wanted to do something with it.
I chose a 5 by 5 box with four interior breaks, forming a cross in the upper left corner. There are five separate strands in this knot.
There’s one large, diagonal knot.
There is one square knot and one rectangular knot.
There is one small and one large loop.
After thinking it over, I’m gonna applique the large knot in red, to attract attention. The little loop in the upper left corner will be yellow. The remaining three loops will be shades of blue.
Now, if you’ll excuse me, I’m off to the studio to make some art!!
Here’s a better representation of what I’m making.
Here’s my inventory:
- Two (2) yellow corners for the loop in the upper left corner;
- Four (4) blue corners, and four (4) blue bars for the rectangular loop;
- Four (4) blue corners, and four (4) blue bars for the square loop;
- Two (2) blue corners, and two (2) blue bars for the loop in the lower right corner;
- Four (4) red corners, four (4) red curves, and six (6) red bars for the diagonal loop.