Well, as of this post, this is as far as I’ve got with quilting the satin Log Cabin quilt.
I’ve quilted the horizontal and vertical sashing (and the sections thereof).
I’ve quilted two of the Log Cabin blocks. I’m quilting them from the outside in to minimize distortions because not all the quilt blocks are consistent in size. I figure any and all inconsistencies can fall to the center of the block.
Here’s the first block I quilted:
Here are the steps I took to quilt the second block. First, I pinned then stitched the two longest vertical “logs.”
Next, I pinned and stitched the longest horizontal “logs.”
And so on . . .
Yes, it’s a lot of work, but well worth it!! Since I’m stitching in the ditch, very little of my sewing will show on the quilt, and the machine-stitching anchors the hand-embroidery.
Please tell me what you think of this in the comment section below.