It was a very productive weekend, indeed . . .

My Celtic knot applique took a decidedly different turn Friday afternoon. In order to increase my productivity, I began using pre-quilted fabric for my fused-then-stitched Celtic knots.

This was my first foray using colors other than yellow, red, and blue on a black background; I also made smaller pieces than before.

First was a yellow and purple knot, followed by a green Celtic cross:

 

Purple and yellow Celtic knot
Purple and yellow Celtic knot

—–

Green Celtic cross
Green Celtic cross

As I was stitching down the green shapes, I realized the Celtic cross was not one knot, but two. So I made another Celtic cross in red and black:

Red and black Celtic cross
Red and black Celtic cross

Remember the “knot gone wrong” from last week?? I set it aside and created a new one that I like much better. I still need to stitch the shapes down, add a hanging sleeve, then bind it:

Celtic Christmas wreath
Celtic Christmas wreath

This morning, I fused a three-color Celtic cross with shapes I traced and cut out yesterday. Again, I still need to stitch the shapes down, add a hanging sleeve, and bind it:

Blue Celtic cross
Blue Celtic cross

If I can create five quilts over three days, I’ll be interested to see how much I get accomplished between now and Saturday.

8 thoughts on “It was a very productive weekend, indeed . . .

    1. And they ain’t yo grandpa’s neither!! LOL!!

      Thank you, Pat. It’s good to hear from you. I’m glad you’re enjoying the knots; they bind us across the miles.

  1. Can’t decide which is my favorite. The green batik rocks! But then I saw the blue cross. The wreath ahs always amazed me since I saw it on FB…. you are too creative, Raymond!

    1. Thank you, Kitty,

      My next project is a set of liturgical paraments (banners, altar cloths, lectern hanging . . .

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *